FOGOLAR ASSOCIATION OF WINNIPEG
PREMIO CAMPO FOGOLAR – INFORMATION
Value of Award
The award will be a $1,000 monetary gift and a one-year membership in the Fogolar Association of Winnipeg and will be awarded in December 2018.
Established in July 2017, the Premio Campo Fogolar is awarded yearly to a young person (age 17-35) who has origins from either the Friuli-Venezia-Giulia (FVG) or Veneto regions of Italy and who is entering or attending post-secondary studies or participating in a recognized cultural/academic program in FVG or Veneto. The purpose of the award is to create a living legacy of the Association, honouring the struggles, achievements and heritage of its members. The award will be granted on an annual basis in perpetuity.
History Behind the Award
The Fogolar Association of Winnipeg is comprised of individuals originating from the FVG and Veneto regions in Italy. Since its inception in 1959, it has provided fellowship to its members as well as an opportunity for them to enjoy and share their history, language, food and culture. The acquisition in 1973 of Campo Fogolar – the Association’s summer property in Anola, Manitoba – crowned the dreams of the members who wanted a permanent gathering place for their organization. The property was purchased with funds donated by members who are now recognized as the Founding Members of Campo Fogolar. Unfortunately, it became difficult to maintain the property on a volunteer basis and it was sold in 2011. The initial endowment for the award came from the proceeds of the sale of the Campo Fogolar.
Eligibility and Award Criteria
To qualify for this award an individual should meet the following criteria:
- You should either be:
o Entering or attending post-secondary education (university, college, trades) or graduate
studies. (Proof of enrolment must be provided) or o Accepted to a recognized cultural/academic course or program in FVG or Veneto.
- Be a current member of the Fogolar Association of Winnipeg, or be a descendant of someone from either the FVG or Veneto regions of Italy.
- Must be a Canadian, resident of Manitoba, or if not, then a resident of Canada and have a parent/grandparent/great grandparent who was a founding member of the Campo Fogolar.
- Between the ages of 17-35 as of June 30 in the year of your application.
Preference will be given to those applicants who can demonstrate the following:
- Participation with the Fogolar Association of Winnipeg
- Participation in the community (Italian or other)
- A genuine interest in their Italian heritage
- Good academic standing
- Achievement in their field of training or cultural pursuit
- Extracurricular activities/achievements
- Community service
How to Apply
Applicants must complete all sections of the Premio Campo Fogolar Application Form. The completed form, accompanying cover letter and reference letters should be sent to the Fogolar Association of Winnipeg in electronic format or by mail. Addresses are below. Only complete applications received by September 30,2019 will be considered for the award.
- This award can only be won once.
- Unsuccessful candidates are encouraged to reapply the following year.
Submissions can be sent by email or mail to:
|•||Email:||AnnaMaria Toppazzini, Vice President
|•||Mail:||Fogolar Association of Winnipeg
Att: Premio Campo Fogolar
P.O. Box 3102 Station Main
Complete applications must be received by September 30, 2019
The Fogolar Association of Winnipeg scholarship committee will consider all information contained in the application in complete confidence.