FOGOLAR ASSOCIATION OF WINNIPEG
PREMIO CAMPO FOGOLAR 2020
$1,000 monetary gift and a one-year Fogolar Association of Winnipeg Membership.
- 17-35 years of age
- Has origins from either the Friuli-Venezia-Giulia or Veneto (FVG) Regions of Italy
- Entering or attending post-secondary studies or participating in a recognized cultural/academic program in FVG or Veneto.
The Fogolar Association of Winnipeg founded in 1959, is comprised of individuals originating from the Friuli Venezia Giulia and Veneto Regions. The organization provides fellowship as well as an opportunity to enjoy and share their history, language, food and culture. The acquisition in 1973 of Campo Fogolar in Anola Manitoba crowned the dreams of the members who wanted a permanent centre for their organization. The property was purchased with funds donated by its members who are currently recognized as the Founding Members of Campo Fogolar. Eventually, it became difficult to maintain the property on a volunteer basis and therefore it was sold in 2011. The initial endowment for the award came from the proceeds of the sale of the Campo Fogolar.
AWARD ELIGIBILITY AND CRITERIA
To qualify the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Entering or attending one of the following (Proof of enrollment must be provided):
- Post-secondary education (university, college, trades)
- Graduate studies
- A recognized cultural/academic course or program in FVG or Veneto.
- Current member of the Fogolar Association of Winnipeg, or a descendant from either the FVG or Veneto
- A Canadian resident of Manitoba, or if not, a Canadian resident who has a parent/grandparent/great grandparent who was a founding member of the Campo Fogolar.
- Between the ages of 17-35.
Preference will be given to those applicants who can demonstrate the following:
- Participation/Membership with the Fogolar Association of Winnipeg
- Participation in the Italian community
- A genuine interest in their Italian heritage
- Good academic standing
- Achievement in their field of training or cultural pursuit
- Extracurricular activities/achievements
- Community service
APPLICATION DETAILS AND SUBMISSION INFORMATION
- This award can be won only once.
- Unsuccessful candidates are encouraged to reapply the following year.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applicants must complete all sections of the Premio Campo Fogolar Application Form.
- Only applications received by the due date of October 31,2020 will be considered for the award.
- Please submit by email the complete application form to:
Mr. Valentino Corvino, Vice President
Fogolar Association of Winnipeg
APPLICATION DEADLINE: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2020